Recipe for "It's a Party”
- A dinosaur themed party invitation!
It’s an Olive Juice Studio Original created exclusively for Memory Miser Customers!
What a fabulous cartridge with such COOL prehistoric images to create so many uber cool projects with! Just imagine your little paleontologist when he/she discovers all of the things you can make with this fun cartridge! Cards, scrapbook layouts, wall décor, school projects, dioramas, bookmarks, tags, and so many more things ….the sky’s the limit!
Cricut Machine (should be able to cut this with the Cricut, Create or Expression
“Dinosaur Tracks” cartridge
“Sweet Treats” cartridge
A2 Tiny Mosaic Texture embossing folder
black cardstock (6x12 is fine)
Jenny Bowlin Studio Black Bookprint Paper ( 4x4 square)
Paper scraps in your desired colors and patterns to cut the party hat and party favor
1 mini pompom for the top of the party hat
Yellow Stickles or your preferred glitter glue brand
Your preferred adhesive
Your preferred scoring tool
Pop Dots (dimensionals)
1. Using the “Dinosaur Tracks” cartridge and the black cardstock cut the T-Rex card. ( Refer to the handbook for location on the keypad overlay.) We cut our card at 4”.
2. Remove the card from the mat and fold the card in half using your preferred scoring tool.
3. Insert the front half of the card into the “Tiny Mosaic Texture” Cuttlebug folder and emboss.
4. Cut a piece of the Jenni Bowlin Studio Black Bookprint Paper to cover the window around the dinosaur. We cut ours at 3 ¾” by 4”. Open the card and lightly add adhesive to the corners of the paper (pattern side up). Carefully attach it under the dinosaur so the card no longer has a see-thru window. Add a few dots of adhesive to the dinosaur too so it stays flat.
5. Using the “Sweet Treats” cartridge and your desired colors and patterns of scrap paper, cut the party hat at 1 ½” and the party favor at ¾”. Assemble the layers and add a mini pompom to the party hat and glitter glue to add a bit of bling! Add the hat to the top of the T-Rex’s head and the party favor to the dino’s mouth by attaching with pop dots.
6. Using the “Zooballoo” cartridge, cut the phrase “It’s a Party” from scraps of paper in your desired color in shadow/blackout mode and as a regular base cut. We cut ours at ¾”. Adhere the layers and attach to the card.